Lemon Coconut Bites
These bites are super tasty and easy to make! They are great snacks and on the go items that will satisfy your needs temporarily. Packed with protein and healthy fats, these bites are perfect for those of you on the go, with inconsistent schedules, and in need of a mid day boost! Plus the lemon is super refreshing and tasty in these bites! Note: not my photo but the bites should look like this!
• 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours or overnight)
• 1/2 cup toasted almonds (soaked for 4 hours or overnight)
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened (plus more to dust at the end)
• 1/2 cup of whole oats (Bob’s Red Mill works great)
• 11 pitted dates (soak for 20 minutes and roughly chop)
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 vanilla bean OR 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
• Pinch of sea salt
• Juice of at least one lemon (I like to add closer to 1 and a half lemons, but start with 1 first)
• Zest of one lemon
1. Place nuts, oatmeal, coconut flakes, pinch of salt, and vanilla in a food processor and pulse on high until well combined.
2. Add in the dates a few at a time and pulse until ingredients are combined
3. Add in coconut oil and lemon juice and zest, pulsing one last time. Mixture should come
together easily and resemble a moist firm dough
4. Form dough into small golf ball size balls and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Dust with some unsweetened coconut (optional)!
5. Freeze bites for 15 minutes or until firm. Place in sealed container in fridge and enjoy!
Note: you can add more lemon juice if you need the mixture to be a little more moist. Remember to scrape down sides of processor so everything is evenly processed!
Makes 16-20 bites depending on how big you'd like them!
Per 1 bite
Values are approximate
Based on 16 bites made
Percent daily values based on 2000 calorie diet
Total Fat: 6.4 g
Total Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
Sugars: 4.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
Total Protein: 2.4 g
Vitamin E: 5.9%