This recipe was inspired by @anna.culina and @kathyissmart. I adapted this recipe to be gluten free based on my own allergies and intolerances. I added some extra spices for a bit of added flavour and some protein! I added a scoop of protein powder because I like having a source of protein in the mornings to keep me feeling more full longer. It is absolutely delicious and SO easy to make! Give it a try for breakfast! Recipe makes 2 servings so you can store in the fridge and reheat the next day!
- 1/4 cup oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free oats)
- 1/4 cup millet (OR quinoa, OR couscous; use what you've got!)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use Staterra's Organic Brown Rice Protein)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk (OR coconut OR soy OR regular milk; use what you've got!)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Big scoop of coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Mix all ingredients together and heat in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and let it simmer uncovered for approximately 10-15 minutes. Using millet I find you need to cook it closer to the 15 minute mark. Stir occasionally.
3. Top with coconut yogurt, unsweetened coconut, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, or enjoy as is!
Makes 2 servings
Amount per serving (excludes toppings)
Percent Daily values based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Fat: 6.2g
Total Carbohydrates: 30.8g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
Total Protein: 10g
Vitamin A: 8%