I love my coffee and drink espresso once almost every day. I admit, I am somewhat of a Starbucks or Bridgehead lover, but have been really trying to shy away from those places and make a delicious latte of my own right at home. I have finally found a latte you won't find at a Starbucks or Bridgehead coffee shop near you. It is so easy to make and tastes delicious! If you don't drink coffee simply leave the espresso out of the recipe! BONUS: there are a few nutrional perks to this latte, like being an excellent source of iron!
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cups your choice of milk (I used unsweetened coconut or almond milk, both worked great!)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Small pinch of sea salt
- Small dash of pepper for taste
- 2 oz (2 shots) espresso
1. Mix all ingredients in a pot on the stove (except pepper and maple syrup) until lightly simmering.
2. Brew your espresso.
2. Take a frother and froth the mixture.
3. Add espresso to a mug and mix in frothed turmeric mixture. Add froth on top of latte.
4. Add maple syrup for some sweetness and a dash of pepper to taste, sip, and enjoy!
Values are approximate. Numbers based on almond milk base.
Percent values based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Fat: 12.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 18.6g
Dietary Fiber: 5.7g
Total Protein: 3.7g
Vitamin E: 100%
Vitamin A: 20%